Tabs

Friday, February 23, 2007

Movin' Slow

Courtney, Mark and I are moving slow this morning. Mark got home very late last night from a work trip filled with mishapes, such as delayed flights, bumped hotel reservations and car rental issues.

Courtney and I are sluggish because we went roller skating with the Girl Scout troop last night. A new skating rink opened here so we thought we would try it out. Courtney finally got the hang of it 15 minutes before we had to leave. But she is in no hurry to go back! Her bottom is sore from all the falls. Kirsten really enjoyed it and can't wait to go again. Kirsten and I had a nasty fall at one point. I have a bad bruise on my knee, one elbow is pretty sore and I have a carpet burn on my hand from the carpeted wall we ran into. She bumped her head on the floor and it started to swell last night but this morning there is just a little red spot. She says it hurts when she touches it. My body has that general ache all over from trying to hold them both up all night! Jessica came in town and met us there. She was a great help with Kirsten while I tried to get Courtney on her wheeled feet! I wouldn't be able to walk today if I had had to drag them both around all night! I took some pictures but with my film camera so I can't share them yet. I didn't want to risk a fall with my digital!

Overall it was a good experience. I enjoyed sharing something from my childhood and they were impressed with my skating ability (which has suffered greatly from lack of use). We might have to get us all a pair of skates now!

1 comment:

TracieClaiborne said...

Ouch!! I hope your bruises are gone by now. Thank you so much for watching Caroline that night and bringing her home. I appreciate all your help with her right now. I hate for her to keep missing out on things.

We'll have to give that rink a while to get nicked up so it won't be so slick! I love to skate but I wouldn't want to risk falling anytime soon. The Hville one is just so gross and old though.