Tabs

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

18 years!

I cannot believe my baby Jessica is eighteen! I don't even like saying it! Someone came up to me at church and said "How does it feel to be the parent of an adult?" I was so shocked I couldn't say anything! I will say that being legal to vote or drop out of school does not make you an adult!

How did she celebrate? (that seems to be the big question for some reason!) Well, she and her boyfriend went out to eat (Macaronni Grill) and to a movie (Harry Potter). We had a nice quiet celebration here at home with the family. Next weekend she'll be doing something with her friends. We're still working out the details on that one. She received mostly money as gifts. I had the goal of giving her a birthday scrapbook which I actually accomplished! It is a 12 x 12 album with all her birthdays from 1 - 16. I didn't have the "perfect" paper for #17 so that one will get done soon. She seemed to appreciate it. Mark and I each wrote her a letter which I put in a pocket in the back.

I still can't believe we have reached this point in her life. I guess it's time to "bust the bubble" she likes to say I keep her in! I have to admit I'm having a hard time with that one! Does this get easier with each child? Somehow I don't think so!

1 comment:

TracieClaiborne said...

You are so old.



ha!