Tabs

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Date Night


For Father's Day, we got Mark tickets to see Stomp! at TPAC and this past Sunday night was the night. I have to admit that I wasn't too crazy about the idea. I assumed it was going to be a lot of nonsense banging on trash cans. Thankfully, I was wrong! But before I describe the night I'll tell you what happened before we left. About 3:00 Sunday afternoon we got a phone call from TPAC. I thought the show was being cancelled or something. Well, one of the producers was in town and wanted to watch the show from the tier level which is where our seats were. They wanted to know if we would switch seats with him. His seats were orchestral level, row J, practically in the center. So we said "Okay!" After I hang up I'm thinking, "This is not a good idea, it is going to be too loud that close to the stage." So we get there and the seats are great.
I don't know why I thought the show wasn't going to be enjoyable but I was pleasently surprised. I had no idea that comedy was involved. There is no plot and no speaking parts so the performers are very animated with their facial and body language. In one segment I was laughing so hard that I was crying! And it was not too loud. It was very interesting to hear all the different sounds and arrangements they made with everyday objects. These performers were practically non-stop for almost 2 hours. It was amazing. I highly recommend this show to anyone. And it was great to do something so grown up for a change!

1 comment:

TracieClaiborne said...

I'm like you - I thought it would be obnoxiously loud and boring. So great to hear it was great! That is so weird about them calling you. I would have been worried about the seats being switched. Glad you had a great weekend!