Tabs

Friday, September 30, 2005

Meet Sandy Webb


This is the newest member of our family. Courtney got this cute guinea pig for her birthday. She has been asking for one off and on for over a year. We went through hamster torture with Jessica so I have said no to Courtney everytime the subject comes up. It seems the original idea was presented to her on the show "Little Bill", Bill has a pet guinea pig. Then someone brought one to show the class at school this year. For some reason I thought this would make a great birthday present. Yes, I went into this knowing that I would be the primary care giver. It really hasn't been that bad. I just wish she would stay this size. She is only about 7 weeks old now but she has the potential to be 11" long. She is very skidish and runs into her little house whenever someone walks into the room. I will be glad when she gets over that.
The guinea pig originates in South America where they are believed to have supernatural powers and they are a commonly eaten there. Evidently they taste like pork, hence the word "pig" in their name.
I'll keep you posted on her progress. Hopefully she'll learn some tricks and be more people friendly soon.

1 comment:

TracieClaiborne said...

Well you could have just left that little tidbit of information out thank you very much. Ugh.

If that thing gets lose, I'm heading for the door. ha!!! Wonder what Caroline will think of it?