Tabs

Monday, September 19, 2005

She's 6!


I'm sorry I've neglected my blog for so long. It's been a crazy past two weeks. Among all the things we've been doing, most importantly is that Courtney turned 6. As always, I am amazed at the passage of time. This year we had a mostly week long celebration. Her actual birthday was on Sunday and we had a church picnic. She received gifts from us, Jessica and Grannie Gayle (who was visiting from Virginia). On Monday, we took cupcakes for her class. They sang "Happy Birthday". And she picked a boy to take her birthday spanking for her! On the following Saturday Mark's parents, his brother and family, my dad and sister came over for supper and cake. Yesterday was her party with her friends. We celebrated at the local mini golf place. It was beautiful weather and all the kids seemed to have a good time. Needless to say, I'm exhausted!

Now to explain the photograph. This is Courtney pretending to take a bite out of her cake. For some reason, we have the tradition that the kids take a bite out of their cake after blowing out the candles. My mother says she got the idea from her sister. Her sister doesn't know why we decided to do this. Well, last year Courtney wanted no part of biting her cake. Being the scrapbooker that I am, I was disappointed. Later I thought, she acted that way because there were so many people surrounding her. So this year I took her in the dining room by herself and she acted like she was taking a bite (she didn't want to actually bite it but then stuck her finger in the icing to taste it). Those who know Courtney are not surprised by any of this. All and all, I think she had a good 6th birthday!

2 comments:

TracieClaiborne said...

Go away spammer.

Fun week! We had a great time at the party!! I'm glad you got your biting-the-cake shot!

Anonymous said...

I hate spammers! They've been posting on my blog too; if you turn on the word verification option, they'll leave you alone.

Sounds like you had a blast. I love your "biting the cake" tradition! I remember that you mentioned it once before, but the explanation in your blog makes it seem even more fun.

Tiff