Tabs

Monday, September 05, 2005

I've been tagged...

There is this wonderful thread going through the blog world where people are being "tagged" to list 5 random facts about themselves. Tiffany has tagged me, so here goes.

1. I live in the same town I was born in but my family moved around a lot while I was growing up. My mother was actually in the military. While I lived with her, she was stationed in Utah. I lived there for 1st - 3rd grades. Maybe that's where the scrapbook bug bit me!

2. Most people have some weird thing that really gets under their skin. Mine is that I can't stand to hear someone eating. We have the bad habit of eating in front of the TV right now because I need the TV on to drown out the food noises. Someone eating cereal is probably the worst.

3. Most people know this, but I love to read. Like Tiffany, I will read several things at one time. Currently I am just reading the last book in Stephen King's Dark Tower series. My love for reading started at an early age, in fact, I was given an award in 2nd grade for reading the most books that school year - 144!

4. I am actually an only child. My parents divorced when I was very young and they both remarried. My father and his second wife had 3 girls. My mother and her second husband had 1 boy. So I have 3 half sisters and a half brother.

5. Okay, I'm telling this because I can't think of anything else. We have a 60" big screen TV. This is not by choice! Mark and I went on a business trip to Chicago when I worked full time. It was Jacuzzi's 50 year anniversary so they had a big party at the aquarium in Chicago (fabulous!). As with events like this, they gave door prizes. Well, Mark won the TV. I still laugh whenever I think about it. Everyone at the table had their ticket in hand, waiting for each number to be called. Mark is pigging out (the food was unbelievable). So they keep calling out this number, several times to see who has it. Finally I turn to him and ask if he checked his number. Of course not! And he was the winner! We would never have this TV otherwise. It embarresses me whenever people see the thing! Whenever we move, it's going in a room that is not seen when you walk in the door.

So there are some not-so-interesting things about me. I'm afraid I don't know anyone else with a blog so I'm going to tag Karen - girl you have to set one up now!

3 comments:

Mz. Pig said...

LOL at the hearing people eat...I can honestly say I have never heard that before! Although, someone chewing with their mouth open...AGH!!

TracieClaiborne said...

Oh Jennifer - you AND Tiffany hate to hear people eating. I guess I need to just stop eating period since I'm around you both constantly. LOL! I actually hate it too.

I am impressed at your reading abilities. hehe

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Tracie; I can't stand hearing someone else eat. In fact, I have to have music or the television on when we eat as a family or I think I'm going insane. It's so funny that we have that in common; I thought I was the only nut out there! Tiff